Dialog has developed a powerful, easy to use, fast and reliable mobile application that makes critical data about natural disasters available to millions of potentially affected people in seconds. It provides access to emergency data using text and Google Maps with the ability to zoom in to geographic areas.
The application was developed for the Victorian Fire Services Commission, now Emergency Management Victoria (EMV). EMV has the primary responsibility to lead, enable and facilitate the way emergency services work together as an integrated team across Victoria.
EMV, working with the Department of Justice & Regulation, engaged Dialog to build a highly scalable mobile application to replace an earlier version of FireReady. As well as building FireReady, Dialog operated and supported it on behalf of EMV for 3 years up to late 2016. During this period over 1.2 million users downloaded and registered the app and over 2.8 billion Push Notifications were sent to the public.
The application can be adapted for any emergency management jurisdiction to cater for fire and other emergency events such as floods, cyclones and storms.
The application uses smart phone features such as location services and push notifications. It runs on a robust Amazon Web Services framework which ensures high availability, auto scaling, resiliency and reliability.
The application can be integrated with Social Media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- High availability cloud solution with auto scaling to elastically handle peak use
- Verified to send up to 2.5 million personalised push notifications per minute
- User defined watch zones and notification requests
- Location aware: Display information about current location and push notifications for users’ watch zones
- Fire Danger Ratings: 3 day forecast
- Community updates, warnings and advice notifications
- Google Maps Integration
- Social Media Integration: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Complies with ISO 8421 and is easily adapted for local variations
FireReady won the 2014 Spatial Industries Business Association (SIBA) Victoria award for Technical Excellence; was a winner at the 2016 Australian Information Industries Association (AIIA) Victorian iAwards and a finalist at the 2016 AIIA National iAwards.
← Return to Portfolio items